Job Specification The Automotive Social Media Manager will implement the dealership’s Social Media Strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, create ongoing training for employees, manage the dealers reputation online, and encourage social media adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
This position stewards any content that’s thought-leadership and social media industry related and oversees the blog, webinars, podcasts, ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, client profiles – anything that helps contribute valuable, educational content to our community and customers around the social media space.
Responsibilities Implement the social media strategy by coordinating with both management and non-management employees to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the dealership culture.
- Work with all outward facing employees to ensure that they are using social media as outlined in the written strategy and to offer training when needed.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Manage the dealerships online presence through the creation of a social mention listening station and feedback loop.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Local Market Thought Leadership: Serves as a thought leader for local market insights within the automotive field.
- Content Planning: Prepares and provides information on locally relevant storylines and content for the Conversation Calendar.
- Social Media Champion: Champions social media as an integral channel for execution for all in-market campaigns.
- Content Managing: Updates and Manages the day-to-day conversations, engagement and escalation process for the brand’s Facebook page and other social media channels.
Content Execution: Ensures execution of “always on” and campaign specific information provided by the Global team and relevant content for local campaigns
- Reporting: Provides quantitative and qualitative measurement, pre and post campaign execution.
- Crisis Preparedness: Ability to identify and address any issues/crisis that may potentially occur within the social media realm.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of the blogging ecosystem.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach and is able to deliver results.
- A high degree of personal ownership and the quest for continually finding new solutions.
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects both with and without a team.
- The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience developing and implementing digital communication strategies.
- A strong can-do attitude and a “don’t tell me no” level of curiosity is essential.
- Excellent English proficiency both spoken and written is essential.
What can you add to this description? Leave your comments below.